META/LNH: And what was your favorite LNH year?

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 08:01:18 PDT 2012

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 01:35:06 +0000 (UTC), Arthur Spitzer wrote:

> As we get closer to the LNH 20th Anniversary, I was wondering out of all
> of the years the LNH has existed -- which was your favorite one?

Ooooooooh, good question.

> I'd probably say 1994 was my favorite one.  That might be due to being
> my first full year reading and writing LNH, still I'd say a lot of good
> stuff was posted that year.

<snip list of good stuff> A worthy year by any mark!

I have two answers: one in the 20th century, and one in the 21st.

My first answer is 1995.  For my money, this was *the* strongest year, in
terms of combining quality with quantity.  Dvandom Force Annual #1!  Legion
of Occult Heroes #7!  "It's All In The Timing" in LNH Comics Presents!
Crimes of the Brotherhood!  Flame Wars III!  Unlikely Aliens!  Writer's
Block Woman, Limp-Asparagus Lad, and The Adventures of Easily-Discovered
Man, all having gotten past their growing pains and putting out issues one
after the other!  Man, it was great, even if I didn't actually get to RACC
until 1996.

My second answer is... 2011!  Or, more specifically, the last six months or
so.  The current burst of activity has seriously been one of my favorite
times in the history of the LNH!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, you all rock.