LNH: Deja Dude lnhq.info entry

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 06:46:06 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 06:57:56 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:

> Well, okay, and if you wouldn't mind could you also take out the part
> about Deja Dude downloading internet porn?  Because in no story did we
> ever see him doing that.

I think that's specifically a reference to either
http://lists.eyrie.org/pipermail/racc/2005-November/001143.html or
http://lists.eyrie.org/pipermail/racc/2005-November/001154.html .

>  Also, you could say "Deja Dude was an
> exaggeration of the Real World Martin Phipps" and not "Deja Dude was
> an exaggeration of the Real World Martin Phipps's annoying traits"
> because it is still pretty much saying that I am annoying and that, in
> itself, is annoying.

Well, that's the thing.  We all have annoying traits, and I, for one,
thought that the early Deja Dude was, in fact, supposed to specifically be
based on your own perception of your negative traits, with the positive
ones only coming to the fore later.  Much like many of the WCs.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, Super Apathy Lad, f'rinstance.