MISC/HCC: Team Xero #12

Jamas Enright thad at eyrie.org
Wed Sep 21 11:58:12 PDT 2011

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011, Scott Eiler wrote:

> On 9/17/2011 12:02 PM, Jamas Enright wrote:
>> Since I haven't heard of telephone mythology before, feel free to start
>> and educate us.
>
> Actually, I suppose I mean iconography.

Huh. THere is a Telephone Mythology, which is a more fanciful way of
saying 'Chinese whispers' as an explanation for why cultures have similar
myths (ie they get corrupted forms of myths off each other). And now, in
this challenge, we are corrupting it further, so it did seem apt.

> When was the last time you saw a phone company logo that actually looked like
> a telephone?  Now they're either scenic arcs (like they want to span things)

How many people would recognise a telephone as a telephone these days
anyway? Kids these days, eh?

> ... Anyway, it's refreshing to see the enemies of the New Prometheus wearing
> telephone logos.

He's still Brassica. When I remember his name. What I need now is to have
the Dialtone Sect storm a place to disinfect their telephones so I'm
ripping off yet more sources!

--
Jamas Enright
Blog: http://www.jamasenright.com