SW10/PRECOG: The Summer of Discontent

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Sep 19 18:36:35 PDT 2011

On 9/18/2011 8:48 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 00:44:45 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> Thanks to the generosity of Doctor Dvandom in giving a full month for
>> the current High Concept Challenge, I've had a chance to write *more*
>> stories than I need to for it!  I'm planning to glut you tomorrow, after
>> *one* more day for review.  But it won't quite finish the story of The
>> Summer of Discontent...
>
> Innnnnnnteresting!  So are these all entries in the contest?  Is the series
> as a whole an entry?

You'll find that two of the three stories are entries.  I suggest they
be listed on the ballot as "The War / The Myth".

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.