LNH: Digital JUMP! #8: "HECTARE! Glory of a Knock-Down Argument!"

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 22:30:35 PDT 2011

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 01:11:34 +0000 (UTC), EDMLite wrote:

> On Sep 18, 12:59 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> "That's so COOL!" enthused Kid Enthusiastic. "I asked for a visit from
>> my future self as a present for my eighth birthday, but instead I got
>> socks. Intelligent socks from the future, but still..."
>
> This confirms two things: that Kid E is becoming the master of the
> throwaway line,

Glee! <3

> and that there is someone in the universe (in this
> case, an intelligent sock) whose career choices are worse than
> mine.

Hey, for a descendant of the Wondersock, he's not doing half-bad.

>> "Yes! Being fictional isn't an excuse not to take responsibility for
>> your actions!"
>
> Well, great.  That just leaves me with "Sliding timeline," "Superboy
> punched the walls of the universe," and "Drank some six-year-old
> Mr. Paprika."  I need to find some better excuses...

I just hope it wasn't "Paprika Pine".  That stuff's been known to cause
derangement in rats, hedgehogs, and marmosets.

(Cue an Animal Man-esque storyline about medical testing on Net.ropolis's
furry community?)

>> FIM: "The LNH dispatched the standard team to help out new members, all
>> Free For Use characters with nothing going in in current continuity.
>
> I really like the idea of this team.  If the LNH were publishing its
> own version of DC's 52, you can bet these guys would get a book...
> probably written by Dan Jurgens...

The Between Storylines Squad!  Dispatched on a vital mission to keep the
feel of a shared universe going without creating holes in continuity!

>> They landed in a small glade just outside the walled city of House
>> Galvanis. The day positively sparkled, sun shining on stone and grass,
>> a light breeze tickling the leaves. It was a good day for intrepidity.
>
> The previous paragraph would look really good on a T-shirt.
> Just sayin'.

Hmmmmm... $_$

> Another delightful read... I get a better feel for these characters'
> voices with every issue.  I'm looking forward to the next one.

Good sir, I am squeeing at such a compliment! <3

> --Easily-Discovered Man Lite
> --Wonders what other books would be in the LNH 52...

Oh gog.  Okay, here we go...

LNH Lost #1 - With Parking Karma Kid replaced by Escher Boy, all the GPS
(Galactic Positioning Systems) in the world can't stop the Legion from
being sucked through a wormhole to the Last Archive of Webster's World!
But on the horizon, is that - spaceQuest Raven!?
Legion of Dark.Heroes #1 - The NTB as you've never seen them before -
renamed and dressed in spandex in a desperate attempt to both bring in new
readers and try to recapture their previous success!  Featuring Grim "Oh
God Not Again" Sloth and Simon "Goodie Goodie Gumdrops" Velcro!
Retcon Roy #1 - We hit "random" on the LNH Wiki for this one!  The former
R.E.J.E.C.T. is back in his own series, and every week, it's a new reboot!

...yeah, I'm tapped.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, like the chill touch of Icy
Manipulator~