LNH: Digital JUMP! #8: "HECTARE! Glory of a Knock-Down Argument!"

EDMLite robrogers72 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 18:11:34 PDT 2011

On Sep 18, 12:59 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> "That's so COOL!" enthused Kid Enthusiastic. "I asked for a visit from
> my future self as a present for my eighth birthday, but instead I got
> socks. Intelligent socks from the future, but still..."

This confirms two things: that Kid E is becoming the master of the
throwaway line, and that there is someone in the universe (in this
case, an intelligent sock) whose career choices are worse than
mine.

> "Yes! Being fictional isn't an excuse not to take responsibility for
> your actions!"

Well, great.  That just leaves me with "Sliding timeline," "Superboy
punched the walls of the universe," and "Drank some six-year-old
Mr. Paprika."  I need to find some better excuses...

> FIM: "The LNH dispatched the standard team to help out new members, all
> Free For Use characters with nothing going in in current continuity.

I really like the idea of this team.  If the LNH were publishing its
own version
of DC's 52, you can bet these guys would get a book... probably
written
by Dan Jurgens...

> They landed in a small glade just outside the walled city of House
> Galvanis. The day positively sparkled, sun shining on stone and grass,
> a light breeze tickling the leaves. It was a good day for intrepidity.

The previous paragraph would look really good on a T-shirt.
Just sayin'.

Another delightful read... I get a better feel for these characters'
voices with every issue.  I'm looking forward to the next one.

--Easily-Discovered Man Lite
--Wonders what other books would be in the LNH 52...