MISC/HCC: Team Xero #12

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Sep 17 17:31:03 PDT 2011

On 9/17/2011 12:02 PM, Jamas Enright wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2011, Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> "That logo on his chest! A telephone!"
>>
>> That was my favorite part of the new myth. Don't get me going on
>> telephone mythology.
>
> Since I haven't heard of telephone mythology before, feel free to start
> and educate us.

Actually, I suppose I mean iconography.

When was the last time you saw a phone company logo that actually looked
like a telephone?  Now they're either scenic arcs (like they want to
span things) or they're globes (like they want to rule the world).  Or
both!  I think it's part of a world domination plot.  You'll be glad to
know, I've already published my conspiracy theory at
http://www.eilertech.com/domination/blog8.htm#20feb2007 .

I should mention, after I published that theory I went (back) to work
for one of those phone companies.  A Code of Business Conduct now
requires me to say, my opinion is not necessarily that of my sponsors.  8{D>

... Anyway, it's refreshing to see the enemies of the New Prometheus
wearing telephone logos.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.