HCC: HCC #23 - Mythrepresentation

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Tue Sep 6 20:43:39 PDT 2011

In article <2da0764c-12d6-436a-93aa-441ee96c194e at eb1g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
Phantasm  <phantom_belcher at yahoo.com> wrote:
>*cackles insanely*
>Suddenly I'm reminded of the classic 'cross-dressing Thor' incident,
>when he has to impersonate Freyja to get Mjolner back....

     When I read my first Thor comic (#249, from Simonson's first run), I
already knew how Thor was supposed to look and wondered why Marvel got him
wrong.  Only later did I start to suspect they made him clean-shaven and with
long blond hair so that they could plausibly have him cross-dress should they
ever decide to do that story.  ;)

     Dave Van Domelen, read a lot of mythology in kindergarten and first
grade.