SW10: Time Bounce #2: 1971

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Sep 5 17:43:36 PDT 2011

On 9/5/2011 11:41 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 02:15:31 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> She took my bike.  But I can still walk.  And I can call the police.
>> Even from Mom's phone.  No 911 in 1971, but I can look up the police
>> number, and I can say I'm tattling on friends with spray paint.
>
> Wait, seriously?  I thought 911 was older than that...

Well, *I* didn't know about it in 1971.  *Sesame Street* was novelty
then.  Indiana might have been behind the times.

>> I'm going home to Mom and Dad.  I love the future, but I know I'll only
>> get there the usual way now.
>>
>> But I still have my diary.  I know Mom will read it again.  But maybe
>> other people will read it some day too.
>
> Huh.  Interesting.  Wonder what, exactly, this version knows.

Heh.  I intend to leave Li'l Wyatt back in 1971 to grow up the normal
way.  Wyatt's condition back then is a longstanding plot thread I now
close.  (Don't ask me where I started that thread; I can't find it even
with the help of the specialized Google search from
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/ .)  But tomorrow never knows when
*any* concept may show up in my stories.

>> Phew.  Writing my favorite character who now inhabits a body whose brain
>> is untrained and whose body hates writing, is hard - at least at first.
>
> It worked well!
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, augh I take forever

Thanks.  I sense you've had no time to do fun things such as writing.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.