LNH: Help!

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 30 18:02:33 PDT 2011

On Oct 30, 5:09 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 23:51:38 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:
> > On Oct 30, 10:12 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 06:42:14 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:
>
> <snip>

> >> ...why not?
>
> > Well, for one thing, we're being asked to pick and choose characters.
> > If there wasn't any restriction to keep the size of the LNH down then
> > there wouldn't be a question of which characters were "the most
> > suitable" in the first place.
>
> ...yeah, but that doesn't answer why these are suitable and others aren't.

I already said.  If you ask Coward Lad if he wants to join the LNH
then he'll say no.  If you ask Super Apathy Lad if he wants to join
the LNH he'll shrug his shoulders.  I like these characters too but it
is a mystery why they joined the LNH even in mainstream continuity.
And if reboot the LNH and want to tell the story of how the LNH was
formed then the question of why poorly motivated or physically unfit
characters would would want to join or, for that matter, be accepted
by the LNH becomes difficult to rationalize.

> Anyway, I say the best tactic is: let people use whichever characters
> they're most interested in writing.  That'll get us the best possible
> universe.

Well then why reboot?  The LNH is 20 years old and the characters that
we use now are the ones that people were most interested in writing
about.

Seriously, we're getting old.  Twenty years ago it took just a few
days to write the Cosmic Plot Device Caper because people just kept
adding to it.  Now we discuss and discuss.  I say people should write
what they like on the Authors group and if other people like it then
they should add to what other people have written and then we edit it
down before we post to RACC.  Simple. :)

Martin