LNH/META: To Reboot or Not to Reboot....

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 19:10:35 PDT 2011

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 00:41:00 +0000 (UTC), William Strickland wrote:

> First, I wanna say I love you guys. More on this later.

Awwwwwwwww! <3

> I haven't really been able to get into LNH. Part of it is that I
> haven't managed to find a complete archive of the story, which means I
> can't do a proper archive binge.

Oh, well! http://archives.eyrie.org/racc/lnh/

The Cosmic Plot Device caper is the first story in the universe, but it's
very chaotic, put together from a bunch of people posting as fast as they
can and not necessarily paying a lot of attention to what each other were
doing.  Still very fun, tho.

For a nice, strong LNH story... hmmmmmm.  I definitely recommend Dvandom
Force. http://archives.eyrie.org/racc/lnh/Series/Dvandom.Force/ The first
36 issues were Constellation
(http://archives.eyrie.org/racc/lnh/Series/Constellation/), and there are
varying opinions on where you should start, but if you just want to
experience pure, unadulterated quality, read Dvandom Force #0, then #37.

> The other part is that from the posts
> I've read, I can't really nail down a tone for the story, either -
> chalk that up to a shared universe, I suppose. I could've just been in
> the wrong frame of mind when I tried it, for all I know. It could just
> be that it's not my kind of story.

Yeah, there are a *lot* of different tones in there.  Wackiness, drama,
intellectual puzzle-stories, straight superheroics, subtle comedy...

> But it is interesting to read, and heartening as well. I love seeing a
> bunch of people concerned enough about this little universe
> (considering the roster of characters, maybe 'little' isn't the right
> word) to even have this discussion, and that's a big part of why I
> like this community; hence the 'I love you guys' above. And it's
> pretty much why I'm here, really.

Awwwwwwww!  This is the best thing, ever. <3 <3 <3 Thank you!

> So yeah. Just wanted to chime in with that. Carry on. :3

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, sixteen-year member of the LNH Fan
Club.