LNH/META: To Reboot or Not to Reboot....

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 06:32:52 PDT 2011

On Oct 28, 5:50 am, Lalo Martins <lalo.mart... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, 28 October 2011 13:41:27 UTC+2, Martin Phipps  wrote:
>
> > Okay, so who would be in the new LNH?  I think we need to respect the
> > people who are still around now but also include some classic
> > characters while avoiding those who have been overused already.  How
> > about...?
>
> > 1) Kid Enthusiastic
> > 2) Minority Miss
> > 3) Master Blaster
> > 4) Sister State-the-Obvious
> > 5) Cheesecake Eater Lad
> > 6) aLLiterative Lass
> > 7) Easily Discovered Man
> > 8) Easily Discovered Man Lite
> > 9) Fearless Leader
> > 10) Irony Man
> > 11) Kid Kirby
> > 12) Occultism Kid
> > 13) Wiki Boy
> > 14) Linguist Lass
> > 15) Doctor Stomper
> > 16) Sarcastic Lad
> > 17) Special Bonding Boy
> > 18) Coward Lad
> > 19) Super Apathy Lad
> > 20) Bad Timing Boy
>
> > Of course, to be fair, we should have some sort of vote which means we
> > need to start with a longer list and work it down to twenty so maybe I
> > should suggest a few more...?
>
> > 21) Sing Along Lass
> > 22) Ultimate Ninja
> > 23) Limp Asparagus Lad
> > 24) Captain Cleanup
> > 25) Squeaky Clean
> > 26) Captain Continuity
> > 27) Insomnia Boy
> > 28) (Marvel) Zombie Lad
> > 29) Procrastination Boy
>
> > Anyway, I would vote for the first twenty I listed.  Maybe other
> > people can suggest their own list of twenty to thirty LNHers while
> > saying who their top twenty would be.
>
> > Martin
>
> I'm still not sure we want to limit to 20 members, I think what we want is 20 titles. But if we had 20 members, I don't think off the top of my head I disagree with your list.
>
> Another possible approach is: who wants to write what? Can we assemble 20 titles from that?
>
> And to get that conversation started, I'd be comfortable writing:
>
> - Minority Miss
> - Doctor Stomper
> - Occultism Kid (caveat emptor, mine would probably be Action-Comics-ly
>   different from the classic take)
> - Kid Kirby

Okay, let's say I wrote Irony Man, Master Blaster, Sister State-the-
Obvious and Sarcastic Lad.  Actually I could also write more.  I think
I'd like to first hammer out a basic plot though that everyone can
agree on.  There should be some major menace that the heroes face at
the end (more powerful that Dr. Lo Kee, Darksnide and Magna Man
combined).  Maybe this is where the Time Crapper comes in.

Martin