LNH/META: To Reboot or Not to Reboot....

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 06:22:33 PDT 2011

On Oct 28, 2:36 am, Lalo Martins <lalo.mart... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 27 October 2011 19:28:20 UTC+2, Andrew Perron  wrote:
> > I'm not sure I like the "max of 20 members" thing; it seems like kind
> > of an awkward number, too large for groups like the JLA or even the
> > Avengers, but too small for LSH-esque megagroups.
>
> My gut feeling agrees with this. It's weird.

For the JLA, Avengers or LSH, maybe, but with three X-Men titles isn't
20 about the number of active X-Men?

> > Perhaps the LNH is fractured into 20 different LNHes, each one having
> > the letters stand for something different?
>
> That would mean dealing with a metric ton of characters, probably more than we're prepared to handle.
>
> I say leave out the 20 theme entirely... the idea to *focus* on 20 elements (maybe by having 20 titles) is good enough for me, no reason why these 20 can't have their own supporting casts (or in some cases the title can be a group rather than a character).
>
> I'd go further and aim for a split more or less along those lines in the 20 titles:
> - 1 LNH title
> - 1 anthology title
> - about 5 subgroup titles
> - about 13 solo titles
>
> Those numbers are completely out of my butt and not only open to discussion, but more like meant as the beginning of a discussion.

I actually think 20 is okay for the size of the LNH but I like the
idea of four different LNH's to start with and then when they come
together there might be talk of creating an LNH West Coast, an LNH
East Coast, an LNH Europe and and LNH Asia.  The idea is quickly
dismissed because nobody wants to relocate.  So then we could maker
fun of the 90s X-Men and have a Green Team, a Yellow Team and a
Magenta Team each with different leaders, say Irony Man, Occultism Kid
and Fearless Leader.  The teams could look like this:

GREEN TEAM
1) Irony Man
2) Doctor Stomper
3) Bad Timing Boy
4) Special Bonding Boy
5) Super Apathy Lad
6) Coward Lad
7) Linguist Lass

YELLOW TEAM
1) Occultism Kid
2) Master Blaster
3) Sister State-the-Obvious
4) Sarcastic Lad
5) Cheesecake Eater Lad
6) aLLiterative Lass
7) New Look Lass

MAGENTA TEAM
1) Fearless Leader
2) Kid Enthusiastic
3) Minority Miss
4) Easily Discovered Man
5) Easily Discovered Man Lite
6) Kid Kirby

You know, I think I would like to see a Kid Kirby solo story where he
uses The Power Kirby to revive an innocent bystander.  She now is
imbued with The Power Kirby and dubbed Sing Along Lass because she has
a beautiful singing voice.  She then joins the LNH as the 21st member.

Maybe we can get this up to twenty issues after all.  There's still
the question of building an HQ and hiring a cleaning staff, a
receptionist, etc.

Martin