LNH/META: To Reboot or Not to Reboot....

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 05:50:34 PDT 2011

On Friday, 28 October 2011 13:41:27 UTC+2, Martin Phipps  wrote:

> Okay, so who would be in the new LNH?  I think we need to respect the
> people who are still around now but also include some classic
> characters while avoiding those who have been overused already.  How
> about...?
>
> 1) Kid Enthusiastic
> 2) Minority Miss
> 3) Master Blaster
> 4) Sister State-the-Obvious
> 5) Cheesecake Eater Lad
> 6) aLLiterative Lass
> 7) Easily Discovered Man
> 8) Easily Discovered Man Lite
> 9) Fearless Leader
> 10) Irony Man
> 11) Kid Kirby
> 12) Occultism Kid
> 13) Wiki Boy
> 14) Linguist Lass
> 15) Doctor Stomper
> 16) Sarcastic Lad
> 17) Special Bonding Boy
> 18) Coward Lad
> 19) Super Apathy Lad
> 20) Bad Timing Boy
>
> Of course, to be fair, we should have some sort of vote which means we
> need to start with a longer list and work it down to twenty so maybe I
> should suggest a few more...?
>
> 21) Sing Along Lass
> 22) Ultimate Ninja
> 23) Limp Asparagus Lad
> 24) Captain Cleanup
> 25) Squeaky Clean
> 26) Captain Continuity
> 27) Insomnia Boy
> 28) (Marvel) Zombie Lad
> 29) Procrastination Boy
>
> Anyway, I would vote for the first twenty I listed.  Maybe other
> people can suggest their own list of twenty to thirty LNHers while
> saying who their top twenty would be.
>
> Martin

I'm still not sure we want to limit to 20 members, I think what we want is 20 titles. But if we had 20 members, I don't think off the top of my head I disagree with your list.

Another possible approach is: who wants to write what? Can we assemble 20 titles from that?

And to get that conversation started, I'd be comfortable writing:

- Minority Miss
- Doctor Stomper
- Occultism Kid (caveat emptor, mine would probably be Action-Comics-ly
  different from the classic take)
- Kid Kirby
- Captain Continuity
- Kid Recap

that doesn't mean I want to write 6 ongoing titles :-P I'd end up choosing 2 or 3 from those based on what other people pick and what other people want to read. (But for the anniversary event I could, yes, write 6 issues if need be. Even 8.)

-- Lalo “what about Sig.Lad” Martins