StarFall: Silver Arrow #7: Myths and Legends

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Oct 27 17:42:39 PDT 2011

On 10/27/2011 4:37 PM, Phantasm wrote:
> Woot! Comments!
>
> On Oct 27, 5:39 pm, Andrew Perron<pwer... at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Oct 25, 8:24 pm, Phantasm<phantom_belc... at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>>
>>>     "Easy, 'Selena'," Robert said, laying a hand on his wife's
>>> shoulder.  He turned to address the nurse.  "Maybe it will help if we
>>> gave you some information you can check, but which few people outside
>>> the hospital staff should know?"
>>>     She nodded slowly.
>>>     "Arrow is nineteen," he began, "blood type AB-negative, with a
>>> small mole on his left arm just inside the elbow, and a recent bruise
>>> on the right side of his abdomen, right under the ribcage, where his
>>> uniform absorbed a gunshot the other week."
>>
>> It's a good thing you two live in a superhero universe, because that's
>> far too sensible for the real world.
>
> I know!  In the real world, Hugh would have been unmasked the moment
> he was brought in, his identity leaked to the press, and his parents
> hounded and likely shot at even before they got to the hospital!

... Yeah, it's better off this way.

Likewise, the fight against gods and legends.  It was clever and
successful in good superhero manner.

>>>     "Roughly twenty egons of psionic power," Jeff stated.
>>
>> Heeheehee
>
> Glad someone gets the reference. ;)

I seem not to have gotten it, but "egon" seemed like a perfect unit of
measurement to me.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.