LNH/META: To Reboot or Not to Reboot....

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 12:50:42 PDT 2011

On Oct 27, 12:59 pm, EDMLite <robroger... at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the LNH has two things going for it that make it unique.
> The first is that (most of the time), it's a friendly, supportive
> place in which to write.  The second is that it is a comedy
> universe.  There are a lot of great super-hero stories being
> written these days in a variety of media, but very few of them
> (in my opinion) are funny.

Agreed.  And, to take that a bit further, it's not just comedic but
chaotic.  The nature of the superhero genre is to integrate all kinds
of strange influences, and the LNH is one of the most flexible
settings I've ever seen.  The metafictional nature of it allows it to
take things on - and take things seriously - that would be completely
out of place in many other settings.

> --Rob Rogers
> --Though the "Constantine" film was pretty unintentionally
> amusing...

Honestly, I kinda liked that one, even though it had more to do with
Emperor Constantine than any character that ever appeared in a Vertigo
comic.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, how byzantine.