LNH/META: Event for 20th Anniversary?

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 06:33:11 PDT 2011

On Oct 25, 8:34 pm, EDMLite <robroger... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 25, 4:56 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > And since I can't resist throwing ideas out there, here's a possible
> > one.  I think it was Ted Brock that suggested a long time ago about
> > reducing the number of LNH members to 20 (or something like that).  So,
> > how about Congress passing some law that says a superhero team has to
> > have no more and no less than 20 members...
>
> I like the idea of a writing event to celebrate the LNH's 20th
> anniversary.
>
> I think that Ted/Arthur's idea could work, although I might recommend
> against the Congressional angle, as I think the "Superhuman
> Registration
> Act" arc pretty well covered that ground..

Agreed.

> And here are a few ideas of my own...
>
> What about our own version of the DC 52, with 20 #1 issues of
> re-imagined LNH titles?

Okay, how's this?

We choose 20 characters and we tell a story that focuses on each of
the twenty characters for one issue.  For example, we could have an
Irony Man #1, a Fearless Leader #1, a Catalyst Lass #1, etc.  Each
writer involved would write at least one issue.  To make it more
interesting, you could have the plot overlap, that is you could have a
scene with Irony Man and Fearless Leader in Irony Man #1 and have the
same scene in Fearless Leader #1 but have the scene now reflect
Fearless Leader's point of view as opposed to Irony Man's.  To do this
the basic plot would have to be hammered out by the end of February
and most of it written by the end of March.  Only then would we decide
the best way to order the issues to create a narrative.  For example,
the first issue could be posted as LNH: Irony Man #1: April Crossover
#1, etc.

As for the plot, hmm, I think some plot by the Waffle Queen would be
appropriate.  Imagine if the Waffle Queen were to somehow
simultaneously obtain controlling interest of Fox News, MSNBC, CBS,
ABC and CNN and then fire anybody who said anything good about the
LNH.  There'd be remarks about what's left of the "liberal
media" (PBS, NPR) supporting the LNH and Irony Man would be confused
as to why all his favorite news anchors only had bad things to say
about him.  Meanwhile the LNH would have to deal with "Occupy Rackham
Avenue" protestors.  Eventually the LNH would realize that the Waffle
Queen is using the media to try to take over the world.  (Duh.)  In
real life the Waffle Queen's company would be forced to break up
because it had become too much of a monopoly and was actually making
America less competitive.  But this is an LNH story so they have to
hit something.  Hmm.

Why don't I post this on the Legion of Net.Author's group and people
follow up there?

Martin