HCC: HCC#24: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern

EDMLite robrogers72 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 15:40:03 PDT 2011

Hey, everybody...

First, thanks to all of you who voted for my story in the last High
Concept Challenge.  It was the first time I had taken part in the
challenge (if you don't count my recent series in LNH Comics Presents,
which I began for the "Zombies!" challenge in February and finished...
er, in August.  There's a reason I keep being nominated for the Image
Testimonial Timepiece...)

Second, thanks to Dave and Ted for alerting me to the fact that I had,
in fact, won the last challenge.  And forgive me for taking so long to
respond... I've been off on a desert island, both figuratively and
literally, and am just now catching up with the rest of the world...

So let's see.  I'd thought about calling for a Halloween challenge
(because who doesn't love a good Halloween story?) but two weeks
doesn't seem like as much of a turnaround.  So how about this?

Write a story that directly involves the background characters in your
favorite story universe.  They're not the heroes (or villains) or the
sidekicks, or even the heroes' best friends or love interests.
They're the Rosencrantzes and Guildensterns — they may not even be
aware of what's going on around them, but they have a story that's
worth telling...

And how about a deadline of (checks calendar) Nov. 8?

--Rob Rogers
--Sometimes feels like a background character in his own story...