SW10: Time Bounce #2: 1971: Artwork

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Oct 7 23:53:11 PDT 2011

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/1971.gif

... Shit.

When you view this image, you will see I've learned a trick.  But if I
turned the trick off, the cover would in my opinion be about as good.

The cover was (fairly obviously) inspired by The Incredible Hulk #1.

I made the year 1971 distinctive in this image.  I considered a
childlike font, but rejected it because children were not influential in
1971.  I considered a psychedelic font, but rejected that for similar
reasons.  1971 really was different from 1968.

The color scheme of this cover fits both 1971 and the overall design.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.