[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #19: The Echo People, Part 3

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Oct 6 17:46:06 PDT 2011

On 10/6/2011 4:39 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Oct 5, 9:54Â pm, Scott Eiler<sei... at eilertech.com>  wrote:
>
>> Speaking of which, insofar as I can grant permission, Ultimate Darkness
>> is of course Free For Use. Â It's what DC Comics calls The Darkness
>> Before Creation, after all.
>
> Hmmmm, and now I'm wondering if and how it would be related to the
> Hungry Past...

I don't know the Hungry Past, but I'm already on the record as saying
that carnivorous entities of darkness may break off from their ultimate
parent mass.  Psychovant the Duck (of all "heroes") actually defeated
one, with the help of Saint Cecilia.

But perhaps the relationship goes the *other* way.  Ultimate Darkness
would be like Hungry Present - except it's already eaten everything that
is, so it's more like Dyspeptic Present.  It might actually be *prey* to
any sort of hungry timestream.  Of course, that's like asking whether
Present is inferior to Past...

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.