[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #19: The Echo People, Part 3

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Oct 6 17:36:27 PDT 2011

On 10/5/2011 7:53 PM, Wil Alambre wrote:

> On 2011-10-05, at 8:54 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> I had to read twice to soak in the cinematic martial arts.  I'm not
>> sure I get the subtleties yet, but it was good for you to show
>> what happens when two super martial artists both do similar
>> devastating maneuvers.
>
> I was meaning to give it another read through or three, to make sure
> that all the goofy-named action was as clear as possible... but I
> eventually said "screw it" and posted it. Didn't even have my friend
> do his normal grammar-check read-through, as I didn't want to let the
> issue "slip".

It didn't suffer.  And I can support just posting it to get it out of
the way, and cleaning it up later.

> Having said that, I had a barrel of fun writing nonsensical martial
> arts action. Big thanks to an online randomly-generated kung-fu move
> generator I found somewhere :P

I've used something like that too.  One of the characters who fought the
Super-Wizard came out of one.  And you made your random number generator
fit into the story.  The part where two hammer strikes came together was
an especially good touch.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.