LNH/Contest: Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #45

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 13:21:14 PDT 2011

On Oct 3, 9:54 pm, Saxon Brenton <saxonbren... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew Perron (pwer... at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> [large snippages]
>
> > Hmmmm. Doesn't he have to invoke some sort of "what really happened"
> > explanation for this kind of change?
>
> Strictly speaking, yes. IIRC the one or two times he's tried to go
> "it just happens" it's backfired on him. That said, I often gloss
> over his rationalisations - especially in cases like this when the
> text is already wordy with explanations.

Ah, so we should assume that he has one in mind, but it's not
mentioned in the text for space reasons. (Heck, I'd like to see it
anyway!)

> > I don't quite get this bit, tho. Does he mean to get Retcon Lad to
> > zap the angels?
>
> My intention was that ARAK wanted Retcon Lad to zap the Judeo-Christian-
> Islamc god. But now that I think about it I'm not sure what was the
> agency directly destroying those cities and turning people to pillars
> of salt. {googles} No, the angels were there to judge the inhabitants,
> but Yaweh was the one reigning fire upon the cities and the plains. I
> must be thinking of the old Ostrander issues of _The Specter_ where the
> Spectre acts as God's hitman in this (and other) matters.

Ahhhh, I see.   ...not to insult Mr. Forsythe, but I don't think he
has quite the power level for that, retcons or no.

> >> "You're right," ARAK agreed. "Come on, let's get out of here."
> >> They stepped back across the fourth wall, and were gone.
>
> > ...so where exactly are they going?
>
> Somewhere off to the north and west where there are likely to be normal
> human cities rather than myth lands.

Woo!  Vacation in Ancient Greece! (I think it's a bit early for them
to meet Aphrodite Bilistiche.)

> > Also, one thing that sorta bothered me: Retcon Lad going straight for
> > the lethal option. Seemed a bit dark, even considering that she was
> > historically/mythologically going to die anyway.
>
> You know, thinking about it that's a good point, and one that I hadn't
> already thought of and simply decided to gloss over. I really don't have
> a quick answer for that one.

Interesting.  Fair enough!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, obviously etc.