LNH/Contest: Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #45

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 3 18:54:54 PDT 2011

Andrew Perron (pwerdna at gmail.com) wrote:

[large snippages]

> Hmmmm. Doesn't he have to invoke some sort of "what really happened"
> explanation for this kind of change?

Strictly speaking, yes. IIRC the one or two times he's tried to go
"it just happens" it's backfired on him. That said, I often gloss
over his rationalisations - especially in cases like this when the
text is already wordy with explanations.

[...]

>> Retcon Lad saw this, and said, "No, we are not using a time
>> machine to visit the cities of Sodom and Gomorra, twice."
>> "Well, darn," said ARAK, apparently not particularly upset by
>> this. "I obviously need to work on my poker face."
>
> I don't quite get this bit, tho. Does he mean to get Retcon Lad to
> zap the angels?

My intention was that ARAK wanted Retcon Lad to zap the Judeo-Christian-
Islamc god. But now that I think about it I'm not sure what was the
agency directly destroying those cities and turning people to pillars
of salt. {googles} No, the angels were there to judge the inhabitants,
but Yaweh was the one reigning fire upon the cities and the plains. I
must be thinking of the old Ostrander issues of _The Specter_ where the
Spectre acts as God's hitman in this (and other) matters.

[...]

> Heeheehee. (Also, wouldn't the bitch goddess be Hecate? ``)

Yes, but I'm not expecting precsion when people are throwing insults
around.

[...]

>> "You're right," ARAK agreed. "Come on, let's get out of here."
>> They stepped back across the fourth wall, and were gone.
>
> ...so where exactly are they going?

Somewhere off to the north and west where there are likely to be normal
human cities rather than myth lands.

> Also, one thing that sorta bothered me: Retcon Lad going straight for
> the lethal option. Seemed a bit dark, even considering that she was
> historically/mythologically going to die anyway.

You know, thinking about it that's a good point, and one that I hadn't
already thought of and simply decided to gloss over. I really don't have
a quick answer for that one.

---
Saxon Brenton