SW10: The Coming of the Super-Mage: Artwork

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Oct 1 00:22:24 PDT 2011

Wow.  I think I've done a good thing.

http://eilertech.com/stories/2011/superwizard.jpg

This is of course cover art for one of my own stories.  For once I
swiped the design from *myself!*
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2005/after.htm , The Year After
Rapture.  I swiped the giant glowing crown from Wil Alambre.  I swiped
the character who wears the crown too, of course.  But I had to draw him
myself.  I believe this to be the *first* portrait of the Super Wizard
 From Space.

The Gong Ago is also in the cover.  If I were to *seriously* design it,
I would make it more like the South Korean flag instead of like free
clip art.  Oh well.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.