HCC: HCC#24 Le Challenge French (and Team Xero #14)

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Nov 28 18:14:25 PST 2011

On 11/28/2011 12:28 AM, Jamas Enright wrote:

> Le Challenge French
>
> There's been a lot of French bashing in media, especially in comedy.
> It's the easy go to joke. (How many of you are thinking of the Simpsons
> quote right now?)
>
> So, to attempt to redress that imbalance, my challenge is: a French
> Hero. Entirely up to you if she or he succeeds, or is even competent,
> the point is to have a hero that is French.

Well, then, you called it.  As it happens, I have a developing storyline
in which the lead hero is about to enter France anyway.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.