[MV] The SUper Wizard From Space #24: The House Of Blinding Light

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Nov 25 22:26:36 PST 2011

On 11/25/2011 7:25 PM, Wil Alambre wrote:

> Here, fusion acted directly against a super dense sea of hydrogen,
> atomic nuclei being fused and immeasurable amounts of energies being
> released. Here, a careful state of hydrostatic equilibrium keeps the
> exploding energies balanced between inward gravitational forces and
> outward pressure gradients. Here, unbound power is crushed and released,
> the very laws of the universe are defined and defied.
>
> Here, the Super Wizard From Space finally let his shoulders sag. Here,
> the wizard relaxed.

Not the best mixing of tenses... but a great description of where the
Super Wizard feels at home.  And you got "its" right, too!  8{D>

> In one empty pillar he placed the cosmic crown he had taken from the
> Infinite School. Their mad champion gone, they themselves aimless, they
> had drifted off to more abstract regions to look for a new teacher.
>
> In another empty pillar he placed the cosmic crown he had taken from the
> Invisible Monks. The family Dharma seemed relieved to be free from the
> burden, able to focus on matters closer to them.

Magnificent way to stow the Cosmic Crowns.  Now, do power-crowns stored
in a place of power have power too...?  Or does the Super Wizard
realize, two of the same cosmic power mostly cancels out?  Or does it
even matter to anyone? ...

> He felt a fluttering at his feet. Looking down, he saw a flash of
> folding red, the only true color in this colorless place. It was a
> dress, a ruby red shade, caught in the motion of hydrogen being smashed
> into helium, drifting along it as if it on a sea breeze.
>
> He shifted and the specimen room was erased into the white glare, but
> the splash of red remained. He narrowed his eyes and the blindness let
> him into his laboratory. The clothe slid and settled, following. He
> slowly lifted his foot. It caught a nonexistent gush and finally tumbled
> flatly away, hiding in the white light.
>
> It wouldn't take much to let the fusion have it. It took more effort to
> keep it from being vaporized in the core. He stared at the spot the
> dress had disappeared to, and though he knew it was there somewhere, he
> could not see it again.

My plot sense is tingling!  It senses a new plot thread!

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.