[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #23: The Super Funeral Of Sharkasaurus Rex, Part 2

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Nov 21 18:30:35 PST 2011

On 11/17/2011 9:37 PM, Wil Alambre wrote:

> "Yohei, yes. Good help little farmer is," was the slurring reply as
> Yohei sat beside him. Hanaya's smile dropped as he saw the soaked
> clothes, the strange swirling spirals in the depths of his pupils, and
> the half-dozen floating jellyfish clinging to his shoulders. They looked
> like misted balloons filled with water, their tendrils all curled around
> his forehead.
>
> "What has happened to you?" Hanaya exclaimed.
>
> "Friend yours healthy, no concern from you. Farmer arrangement agreed
> for metal silver discs, act as translator for bloom." His arm raised
> almost mechanically, the tendrils tugging like strings, hand
> outstretched. "Us you call the diplomat keeping ones. Rank title not
> species designation."

Hmm.  I always envisioned those Jellyfish as being bigger... but then,
the ones I've told stories about have been renegades at guard posts.
Smaller size probably would be an advantage in hive minds.

> "A number of incredibly respectful salutations, everyone! Welcome to the
> invisible galaxy, and to the planet of Amity. Thank you all for allowing
> me to be the master of ceremonies on this momentous space-occasion.
> Though my mastery of our space kung-fu has made me completely unseeable
> to many of you, like crystal clear water on the stillest of days, on my
> honour I assure you that I am the most venerable master hero Brody
> Dharma, space champion of the invisible monks.
>
> "I have a brother now. His name is Andy. He has his own order monks,
> soon to be ascending the great mountain on the opposite side of the
> valley. He has found my hospitality disagreeable and plans to carve a
> new monastery. Plans to carve a new order of monks. One not so hidden
> from the eyes of men.

Are there any other peers of Sharkasaurus Rex at the funeral?  Cosmic
crown holders, that is?  Do the Dharma Brothers still have a crown?  If
they don't, do they have any control over whether crown holders show up
at a funeral?  Or might the crowns themselves decline to allow their
holders at a funeral as long as a Cosmic Challenge is still on?

... Just a few little plot points for the next episode.  8{D>

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.