LNHX: Kid Kirby #1: LNHX Origins #6

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 14:44:45 PST 2011

On Nov 19, 1:17 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 00:52:01 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
> > Oh, I think "everything is powered by the Power Kirby" comes pretty
> > close.  If not... *can* the Power Kirby truly be explained?  Or is it
> > simply *is*?
>
> ...it can be explained better than *that*!  I mean, there's no one thing,
> scientifically speaking, that everything is powered by, so either it's
> meant in a more metaphorical way, which can be expanded on, or it's a bit
> of not-known-to-Earth-scientists science, which can also be expanded on.
>
> In a bit of a digression: Personally, I've always thought of the phrase
> "beyond your understanding" as less "humans just aren't smart enough" and
> more "it would require you to let go of the entire framework by which you
> understand things and build up another one from scratch".
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, not that that was used here, but.

Aha!  But then the problem would be to distinguish the Power Kirby
from retrocotheric energy... or mitachlorions.

People hated the idea of mitachlorions when they were introduced in
The Phantom Menace.  The explanation that the force "surrounds us and
is in all living things" was good enough for the original trilogy.

Martin