LNH/LNH20/LNHX: The Tao of Reboots

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 13:13:42 PST 2011

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 19:03:09 +0000 (UTC), EDMLite wrote:

> Here's an interesting column by a reader who's finding herself
> captivated by the new Ultimate Spider-Man, despite her
> misgivings.  Some interesting stuff there...
> http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/11/16/committed-secret-ultimate-spider-man-appreciation/#more-93495

Heh heh heh.  And the new Spidey is another excellent inspiration point for
rebooting.

> Meanwhile, I've been turning for inspiration to the late
> Steve Gerber's blog, which provides some insight into his
> thought process in developing the new Doctor Fate (one
> of my favorite revamps of recent years):
> http://www.stevegerber.com/sgblog/?p=283

Interesting.  I never saw this version. (Personally, I loved the one who
showed up at the beginning of JSA, but...)

> I’ve wanted to write Doctor Fate for more than 40 years. (No, that’s
> not an exaggeration. I’ll explain in a later post.)

I can perfectly believe that!

> "Fulfilling the promise of earlier versions" sounds like a great
> mantra for any would-be rebooter...

Agreed.  That's my biggest impetus here!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, which is why I have to dance around to
keep from stepping on future Classic LNH plotlines...