SW10/META/PRECOG: On-Site Research

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Nov 18 16:48:21 PST 2011

On 11/8/2011 2:48 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Nov 7, 10:52 pm, Scott Eiler<sei... at eilertech.com>  wrote:
>> This time I'll go see how early the sun
>> sets in Ketchikan, Alaska!  I hear 4 pm.  Do I hear 3:30?
>
> I'm pretty sure you don't get to bid on sunset.  ...but it would be
> awesome.

Actually, at that latitude the sun bids *itself* down earlier two or
three minutes every day.

>> While in Ketchikan (and on the Alaska State ferry which will take me
>> there) I'll have plenty of time to write stories, travelogs, and just
>> about anything I want.

... and do on-site research, of course.  I'm pleased to report, unlike
Britannia Beach, I pretty much got Ketchikan right.  Nell the Waitress
would fit right in there.  Especially in the off-season.

http://www.eilertech.com/world/journal/journal24.htm

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.