LNHX: Kid Kirby #1: LNHX Origins #6

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 16:21:17 PST 2011

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:08:12 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:

>                                       KID KIRBY #1
>
>   After the battle against Darksnide, I decided to survey the
> damage.  That was when I saw her.  She was an innocent, in the wrong
> place at the wrong time.  And it cost her her life.  And I felt that
> we were responsible.

Ahhhh, I see.  I would've put him doing it at the end of last episode, and
the results here.

>   She nodded.  "I'm Carina.  Carina Paschall."
>   "Carina Carina Paschall," I said.
>   "You can just call me Carina."

I still love that gag.

>   "I used the Power Kirby to heal your injuries and bring you back."
>   "The power what?"
>   "The Power Kirby.  I come from a universe where everything is
> powered by the Power Kirby.  The Power Kirby runs through my body as
> it now does yours."

You know, you never really explain what the Power Kirby *is*.

>   "You should come to LNH HQ with me," I told her.  "I should run some
> tests on you."
>   "Um, no," she said.  "No offense but I don't know you.  I'd rather
> go to the hospital and be checked by a doctor."

Surprisingly sensible!

>   "I am free to go, right?"
>   "Of course."
>   She walked away.  I did not follow her.

Probably the best emotional moment here.  Indeed, the rest of the issue is
basically spent repeating it.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, interesting.