LNH/META: Promotion!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:37:55 PST 2011

On Nov 16, 2:15 pm, EDMLite <robroger... at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think any new LNH Web site should include a terrific welcome page
> (which LNHQ has), access to the Wiki (which LNHQ has), links to
> RACC (personally, I'd like to see that go through Wil's Ego, so that
> his terrific covers would be displayed) and the LNH Author's Group.

Speaking of, I think we should think about the purpose of the Author's
Group.  Basically, as I see it, it's best when it's used for polishing
stuff up before it goes out.  Discussion really seems to belong here
most.

> Links to the archives might also be handy, as well as the How-to-
> Writes
> (which have begun showing up on the Wiki, thanks Andrew!)

No prob'm!

> and
> perhaps links to creator pages (which are still available at the
> Eyrie,
> though I suspect most of them are no longer active).

Note that there are also pages for authors on the Wiki; I've been
consciously avoiding filling most of 'em in for people who are active,
so that they can do it themselves.

> This brings up the question: what do you see as the target
> audience for RACC?
>
> I'd love to see us targeting groups for young writers who are
> (potentially) excited about super-heroes, like 826 Valencia
> (http://826valencia.org) and the young writers program at
> NaNoWriMo (http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/).
>
> But that's the teacher in me — others might prefer an
> older demographic...

Personally, I'd say that the demographic it most easily appeals to is
college-aged; however, I'd also say that anyone who wants to write in
a comfortable, positive community where you can bounce ideas off each
other and get feedback on your stories should check us out!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, if you like shared universes,
that's a plus.