LNHX: Kid Kirby #1: LNHX Origins #6

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 16:02:51 PST 2011

On Nov 15, 8:28 am, Adrian James McClure <lord_sold... at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> On Nov 15, 11:12 am, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > When I said "This Master Blaster is probably one he would have been
> > more happy with" I was actually talking about the mainstream LNH
> > Master Blaster who was (rightfully so) always treated as a bit of a
> > joke (from the very beginning).  Please don't ever assume I mean
> > something other than I actually said.  It isn't right to read things
> > into people's posts as if they said something they didn't actually
> > say.  I don't want any argument here and I honestly wasn't trying to
> > start one.
>
> Fair enough. I have Asperger's syndrome,

So do Mark Zuckerburg, Bill Gates, my son Michael... and me.

> so reading social cues can be
> kind of difficult for me, especially over the internet.

The internet is a great equalizer in that it may be easier for
Asperger "sufferers" to look into a screen than to a person's eyes.  I
sometimes pick things up from a person's tone of voice that I probably
should have picked up much earlier if I had been looking directly at
them.

Oh and living in Taiwan is also a great equalizer for me because a lot
of girls have really pretty eyes so of course I'm looking into them
when I am talking to them.  The downside is now that the culture and
language are both different so there is even more reason for
misunderstandings.

> I couldn't
> figure out why you would specifically bring up how you were glad about
> the fact that your revamp has all these characters except to
> implicitly insult the one that doesn't. Also, when you metioned that
> Robert Rodriguez would be happier with this version of Master Blaster,
> you didn't say "as compared to the mainstream LNH version," and
> because you'd just implicitly referenced LNH20

As you said, there are at least four versions of the LNH so when I
said "this version of the LNH" I wasn't thinking about LNH20 at all.
Indeed, over the years there have been multiple evil versions of the
LNH, Elsewhirls including some Miss TranslaXXXion stories (which I
never asked the Miss Translation author for permission for and I
didn't think I needed to because it was a parody but I think I pissed
him off and I'm sorry about that) and there was even a previous two
issue "Ultimatization" of the LNH in my Cute Anna series.  Oh and
there were alternative versions of the LNH in Retcon Hour and Flame
Wars 6 too.  Oh and I also forgot the alternative LNH in Golden Age
LNH-Men and Silver Age LNH-Men.  So, you see, I wasn't referencing
LNH20 at all.

> it was easy to
> misinterpret as referring to the LNH20 version. But I'm glad if you're
> not actually trying to insult LNH20.
>
> AJM (But I still don't quite know what to make of the LNH20 Master
> Blaster being a woman.)

Think Domino of X-Factor.

Anyway, I'm glad you're not angry with me.  I was expecting the
worst.  (I'm in a different time zone so I just got up this morning.)

Martin