LNH20: Earth-Twenty Roundup Thread And Getting The New Tag In There

Adrian James McClure lord_soldeed at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 12 19:18:29 PST 2011

On Nov 12, 10:05 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Sometimes he walks in disguise among
> > humanity under the name "Mort Todd," but he's usually pretty easy to
> > spot because he doesn't blink.
>
> Tod in the Shadows?

Does that mean Obscurus Lupa is really Mother Time?

> Awesome.  Cascades shouldn't be too planned-out, but making sure the first
> issue is filled with plot hooks is a good idea.

Oh believe me, it is.

> Awesome.  I'd love a flashback issue with the '60s team where they have to
> win a hockey game or the world will be destroyed.

Well, I see Net.cron as being more of an eldritch abomination than the
current Death, IE, it rarely ever manifests and when it does we're
screwed. (Even though it might have been more human once, because--
nope. Not going to give that one away yet.) But the suit could have
formerly belonged to one of its Heralds.

> Hah!  Yes, nice.  But why Middle Eastern?
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, Nigerian?

Because there aren't a lot of Middle Eastern heroes in comics, and DC
actively bit down on an issue that had a Muslim Superman. It has
nothing to do with his specific gimmick/powers, which is kind of the
point. Also, I've been watching Community lately, and I was probably
thinking of Abed. Even though Sock-Puppet Lad is nothing like him in
personality. Probably he's more like Troy.

AJM (and if Schwa Khan exists in this universe, he bears a marked
resemblance to Señor Chang)