LNH20: Earth-Twenty Roundup Thread And Getting The New Tag In There

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 19:05:45 PST 2011

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 18:04:17 +0000 (UTC), Adrian James McClure wrote:

> Under most circumstances, every Death is simply known as "Death." It
> gets a little confusing even to them. When he's interacting with
> superheroes he's supposed to be known as the Ebon Skater, but he
> refuses to use this name.

And I can imagine Professor Penumbra constantly referring to him as that.

> Sometimes he walks in disguise among
> humanity under the name "Mort Todd," but he's usually pretty easy to
> spot because he doesn't blink.

Tod in the Shadows?

> I also just started writing a first
> draft for the first chapter of the first LNH20 cascade, "The Spoon of
> Destiny Saga," even though this universe has not actually been created
> yet. I'll post it to the author's group when I'm done.

Awesome.  Cascades shouldn't be too planned-out, but making sure the first
issue is filled with plot hooks is a good idea.

>> *giggles* Does he carry a hockey-stick-scythe?
>
> Oh absolutely.

Awesome.  I'd love a flashback issue with the '60s team where they have to
win a hockey game or the world will be destroyed.

>> Also, apropos of nothing: Atlantis on Earth-20 didn't sink.  It lifted up
>> into the sky, and is still floating around up there.
>
> That's got to cause a lot of trouble for air traffic controllers,
> doesn't it?

Nah.  Originally, it manipulated weather patterns so that scheduled flight
paths never cross it.  Of course, that didn't mean that a plane off-course
didn't occasionally stumble upon it.

Ever since it joined the United Nations, though, there's been treaties
about that sort of thing, and GPS signals.

> Also:
> Back when she was Sig.Lad's sidekick, Captain Killfile was known as
> Kid Killfile.

Ah, very good ref.

> Sock-Puppet Lad: He's a shapeshifter who has the power to turn into
> people by putting on sock puppets of them, but he needs some of their
> actual hair (or scales or something, if they don't have hair) to make
> one. He takes on the powers of whoever he's impersonating, but he's
> not as powerful. I don't know anything about him other than that he's
> Middle Eastern.

Hah!  Yes, nice.  But why Middle Eastern?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, Nigerian?