LNH20: Earth-Twenty Roundup Thread And Getting The New Tag In There

Adrian James McClure lord_soldeed at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 12 16:39:20 PST 2011

On Nov 12, 4:50 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oooooh, I like it. (Note that I hardly remember anything of Teenfactor, so
> I'll miss most of the references here.)

Well, that's OK because it's very, very loosely based on it. Though I
do have a vague idea for a (new) new Teenfactor who are students of
the Waffle Queen, the Hellions to Lalo's team's New Mutants.

> > So: On January 1, 1912, a cabal of six low-level psychics known as the
> > Shadow Skimmers gathered together to carry out a ritual to shape the
> > destiny of the next century. They were all children of Voidmaster, a
> > powerful psychic and spiritualist who acted as a servant of Death.
>
> Hmmmmm.  All his children were in on this?  Or was there a rebel?
> (Comeliness Lass?)

Interesting. By the way, the one who got the power of Strength is a
former boxer named Basher Brick, he may be the LNH20 version of the
Chuggernaut.

> Hmmmmm.  This origin honestly seems a bit too simplistic, too
> just-one-cause.  I like the combination of Pla.net.ary coming in to
> investigate from one end, kids breaking out of the Waffle Queen's "school"
> on the other, people protesting in the streets on yet another, and a
> general weirdness level that's suddenly exploded out of anyone's control on
> yet another.  I want there to be room for characters that we haven't even
> thought of yet.  And I still totally want the LNH Setup Kid to be involved.
>
> (I'm thinking that You're-Not-Hitting-Me-Hard-Enough Lad discovers his
> powers in a protest when he's treated roughly by a Dirty Harry parody with
> a nighstick.  I'm so into him being a founder, you have no idea.)

That does sound cool. I did suggest that with the idea that the LNHQ
was drawing people to it subconsciously, that it was somehow at least
partially responsible for all of these things. It may have sent out
the pulse that disabled the killfile as well. So the LNHQ created the
LNH, but who or what created the LNHQ?