LNH20: Earth-Twenty Roundup Thread And Getting The New Tag In There

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 16:10:41 PST 2011

quoth Andrew Perron as of Sat, 12 Nov 2011 21:50:10 +0000:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:10:51 +0000 (UTC), Adrian James McClure wrote:
>
>> Once she was one of the founders of WHATEVER, but she was betrayed by
>> her former student Waffle Queen and her half-brother Pickman Locke (who
>> has superhuman Dexterity, sort of based on the original Shadow Skimmers
>> member Lockpick.)
>
> The "former student" angle makes me think that she had a group of
> several students at one point; possibly, all food-based.

Or not. From the vibe I'm picking of January Frost, I think it would be a
scene more or less like this:

"You're here to achieve your maximum potential, become your true deepest
selves. So I want you all to be themed around your favorite thing in the
world. No matter what it is, no matter how silly."

"Er..."

"Yes, Mr. Robison?"

"What if it's really, really, really silly?"

"No, Mr. Robison. If you're here, is because you have the potential. So,
dismissing your greatest, truest source of joy like this, that's not
accepting who you are. Being 'silly' is all relative to how much you care
about other people's opinions. You need to be prouder."

"All right..." the boy went very red. "Then I'll be... Commander Plush
Slippers!"

"Excellent! Who else?"

"Hmm... Supreme Dominatrix."

"Excellent!"

"Captain Crossdresser."

The whole class looked at the athletic, handsome, womanizing young man.
The word "really?" could almost be heard, although nobody said it out
loud. He blushed very briefly, but raised his head high and repeated:

"Captain Crossdresser."

"Very well. You?"

"High Speed."

"Not good enough. What about Top Speed?"

"Of course! Thank you, Madam. Top Speed it is."

"Ah'ite, y'all, that's purt good-way. Ah thank ah'll be callin mahself
Texas Hold'em."

"Uh...", said the last shy student.

"Well?", urged January Frost.

"I think... Waffle Maid?"

"Maid? Absolutely not. You're better than most other people. Why, you're
fit to take my place one day and have your own students. You're fit to
be... a queen!"

"Hmm. Yes. It has a nice ring to it."

"What does?"

"The Waffle Queen. That's who I will be."

"Hmm. Yes! All hail the Waffle Queen!"

>> On one of their expeditions they found the LNHQ buried beneath
>> Netropolis, built (or grown, if we're going by Arthur Spitzer's origin)
>> by powers unknown. (IE, probably the former Manga Man Gold.) It emerged
>> from the ground in an earthquake caused by a cessation of the Killfile.
>>  Frost, knowing that WHATEVER would probably start seeking out the new
>> net.ahumans, wanted to form a group that would find and train them
>> before they did. The former Pla.net.ary operatives and Professor
>> Penumbra formed the nucleus of the LNH, except for Guy In A Trenchcoat
>> Fighting Ninjas, who struck out on his own. Doc Nostalgia and Minority
>> Miss were their first recruits. Other members were subconsciously drawn
>> to the LNHQ independently.
>
> Hmmmmm.  This origin honestly seems a bit too simplistic, too
> just-one-cause.  I like the combination of Pla.net.ary coming in to
> investigate from one end, kids breaking out of the Waffle Queen's
> "school" on the other, people protesting in the streets on yet another,
> and a general weirdness level that's suddenly exploded out of anyone's
> control on yet another.  I want there to be room for characters that we
> haven't even thought of yet.  And I still totally want the LNH Setup Kid
> to be involved.
>
> (I'm thinking that You're-Not-Hitting-Me-Hard-Enough Lad discovers his
> powers in a protest when he's treated roughly by a Dirty Harry parody
> with a nighstick.  I'm so into him being a founder, you have no idea.)

I also think a more chaotic beginning would be a truer tribute to the
original LNH.

> LNH Setup Kid

one-shot character? :-P

-- Lalo “Reboot Setup Man” “would really like to call himself ‘something
Kid’ but that would be kind of ridiculous” Martins