LNH20: Earth-Twenty Roundup Thread And Getting The New Tag In There

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 13:21:37 PST 2011

On Nov 10, 11:17 am, Adrian James McClure <lord_sold... at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Or the 90s team could be the The Saviors of the Net.

...of course!  Why didn't I think of that?

> So
> maybe: Felix Landers was once Flamebroiled Lad, the youngest member of
> the Saviors of the Net. He grew up in the slums of Netropolis and
> gained his powers when some robbers attempted to steal the Antikythera
> Mechanism from the Netropolitan Museum of History. The Antikythera
> Mechanism is a relic of an ancient civilization which developed an
> internet even more powerful than ours, but their civilization was
> destroyed by the psychic feedback from a massive flamewar.

...I love it. XD

> It gave him
> the power to channel the anger of the entire internet. The Saviors of
> the Net helped him control this power and find peace. But then they
> were betrayed by one of their own, Captain Killfile.

Niiiiiiice.

> Felix was the
> only one who escaped the killfile, but in the process he lost his
> powers. Yet he still fought on to save the Earth, having been trained
> in hand-to-hand combat by Chromium Age Very-Disturbed-Scary-Creature-
> Man. He worked for Pla.net.ary Investigations during the Lost Years.
> During this period he gained a lot of experience as a hero and became
> a skilled fighter and strategist.

Very good!  I wonder what his name would be in this period, since he
wouldn't be any type of leader.  Perhaps he trains in Tibet and gains
a moniker like the Flame of Light.

> When the Killfile fell he started
> seeking out new net.heroes to found the LNH.

Hmmmmm.  Possibly, he's resistant to doing so at first until
circumstances come together.

> The Fearless Leader of today is
> kind and understanding but distant. He cares deeply for his teammates
> but still has difficulty forming friendships after the loss of his old
> team. Like the old version, he's basically the straight man to the
> weirdness of the Looniverse. He's also the only senior member who can
> put up with Ultimate Mercenary, because he reminds him a bit of his
> younger self.

Awesome.

> Oh, and the Flame-Broiled Force is still out there, seeking a new host.

Hmmmmmmmm... wonder if I should tie Kindle into that, or if that'd be
too everything-fits-together-y.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, don't want to use up all the plot
hooks.