LNH20: Earth-Twenty Roundup Thread And Getting The New Tag In There

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 12:39:36 PST 2011

quoth Andrew Perron as of Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:06:39 +0000:

> On Nov 10, 9:34 am, Lalo Martins <lalo.mart... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 10 November 2011 15:11:40 UTC+1, Andrew Perron  wrote:
>> > Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, YONDER.
>>
>> And thusly was the name of the 90's group created. Yonder. Or maybe
>> Y.O.N.D.E.R. Or maybe that's an even better name for the
>> secret/government group in the 60s and 70s?
>
> Definitely the '60s government group - then we can riff on the Man From
> U.N.C.L.E. craze.

Also S.H.I.E.L.D., UNIT, and a pile of similar tropes. I believe it all
started with Fleming's SPECTRE.

> Though this makes me think that, for the '90s group, we should take a
> page from 501 Blues and call them L.E.G.I.O.N.  Except, wasn't that an
> actual Legion of Super-Heroes spinoff?  Or am I hallucinating again?

It was. With Vril Dox II. There was also a L.E.G.I.O.N. comic recently.
Pretty good stuff in fact.

If you want a 90s vibe, Net.Force could do. But Saviors Of The Net could
also be the best.

-- Lalo “Gen.Net for the junior team” Martins