LNHX: Professor Stomper #1: LNHX Origins #2

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 01:56:09 PST 2011

On Nov 9, 3:33 pm, Adrian James McClure <lord_sold... at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> I haven't, unfortunately, been able to read any of these stories yet.
> But I've always thought that "Doctor Stomper" is kind of a stupid
> name, and I never could figure out where it came from.

I've always though it was a misspelling of stumper.  Perhaps the
original author intended his explanations to not make any sense.  I
never wrote him that way though: it's too easy to write "Let's use a
proton nullifier defibrillator to stabilize the particle stream" and a
lot harder to write consistent technobabble that actually sounds like
it means something.

Martin