LNH20: Earth-Twenty Roundup Thread And Getting The New Tag In There

Adrian James McClure lord_soldeed at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 18:46:07 PST 2011

The Lycopersicons: Loosely based on the Earth-invading genetically
engineered tomatos from Ultimate Mercenary, they're a major galactic
empire in this version of the Looniverse. ("Lycopersicon is the genus
of the tomato plant."--Explain-The-Joke Lass) Once there was a mighty
more-or-less-human-ish galactic empire suffering from a famine after
their enemies introduced a genetically engineered crop blight. They
tried to save themselves by creating a blight-resistant strand of
genetically engineered tomatos. But the tomatos became sentient and
turned against their creators, taking over most of the known
galaxy.They can grow infiltration agents that resemble other species.
They may have been secretly guiding our own technological development,
since they grow well under high temperatures and carbon-heavy
atmospheres.

Explain-The-Joke Lass: A character I just made up a second ago. Her
superintelligence and near-photographic memory are highly useful to
the team, but she doesn't get along with the others very well because
of her lack of social interaction skills and tendency to overexplain
everything, especially jokes. She was going to be Explain-The-Joke
Lad, but we need more women.