LNHX: Irony Man #1: LNHX Origins #1

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 16:16:37 PDT 2011

On Fri, 4 Nov 2011 17:42:28 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:

> It wasn't until years later that I realized that my
> father didn't speak to me because he blamed himself for the accident
> and, because he couldn't forgive himself for what happened, he always
> assumed I was angry with him.  The truth is it felt like I had lost
> both my parents that day.

<snip>
> He asked me why I would
> work on this armor all these years and not try to get credit for it.
> I realized that the armor I had built was unique and that if I drew up
> plans for it and then published it then it would no longer be unique.
> There would be thousands of these hard suits all over the world.  That
> saddened me.  All this time I thought I was building the suit for
> other people but I was really building the suit just for myself.

Like I said on the Author's List, I like both these ideas, and you tweaked
the execution well.

> Nick Furry -a black man in a black outfit with an eye patch, frizzy
> hair and a thick beard- met me in the lobby and led me to his office.

He should totally have muttonchops.

>   "Do you want to meet the others?"
>   "Others?"
>   "Yes, of course," he said with a laugh.  "You didn't think you were
> the only one, did you?"
>   "Well, actually... no... of course not."

Makes me wonder if he met any other hero-types while he was active.

>   "We're just starting up," Nick Furry said, "but our equipment is
> fairly sophisticated: the Department of Defense recently upgraded
> their computers and we were able to get some equipment on the cheap.

Makes sense.

>   Occultism Kid raised one hand at him.  His eyes glowed and he said
> one word: "Sleep".
>   Dr. Lo Kee passed out.  I quickly moved in and caught him so he
> wouldn't suffer a head injury.
>   "Are all the missions going to be like this?" I asked.

Anticli-tastic!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, gotta get that dash in there.