LNH/META: Duel of the Dual-Boot!

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 11:34:07 PDT 2011

quoth Jamas Enright as of Sat, 05 Nov 2011 18:18:14 +0000:

> On Sat, 5 Nov 2011, Lalo Martins wrote:
>
>> Kid Kiwi or not, the problem with the Kiwi Kommandos is kind of what
>> Dave was trying to express: they're kind of personal. Kiwi is the
>> national bird of NZ (and people from there are called ÿÿKiwisÿÿ
>> informally), and there might be some zany local significant joke
>> explaining why he chose to make them green. I didn't know him well
>> enough to say whether he created Kid Kiwi to reflect his own perceived
>> status as the token NZer.
>
> I can step in to say that, I can't recall why he picked Kiwis, might
> have just liked them, but he was happy to admit he knew nothing about
> NZ, so it had nothing to do with that.

Thanks! Then the kiwis seem to be free, unless someone has a different
objection :-)

(Also, even if he did happen to be from NZ, it's not like he was the only
NZer here ever... moot, since he wasn't)

Thanks for the clarification.

> (PS Not taking part as there are other things I would be writing if I
> were writing...)

Aw.

-- Lalo “kiwi kiwi kiwi, kiwi kiwi.” Martins