LNH/META: Duel of the Dual-Boot!

Jamas Enright thad at eyrie.org
Sat Nov 5 11:18:14 PDT 2011

On Sat, 5 Nov 2011, Lalo Martins wrote:

> Kid Kiwi or not, the problem with the Kiwi Kommandos is kind of what Dave
> was trying to express: they're kind of personal. Kiwi is the national
> bird of NZ (and people from there are called ÿÿKiwisÿÿ informally), and
> there might be some zany local significant joke explaining why he chose
> to make them green. I didn't know him well enough to say whether he
> created Kid Kiwi to reflect his own perceived status as the token NZer.

I can step in to say that, I can't recall why he picked Kiwis, might have
just liked them, but he was happy to admit he knew nothing about NZ, so it
had nothing to do with that.

(PS Not taking part as there are other things I would be writing if I were
writing...)

--
Jamas Enright
Blog: http://www.jamasenright.com