LNH/Meta: Reboot Redux

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 10:41:37 PDT 2011

On Fri, 4 Nov 2011 19:52:34 +0000 (UTC), Lalo Martins wrote:

> LNH20: Legion of Net.Heroes (or at least the first arc)

I definitely want some specific title for the core title of the world.
Some brainstorming:

Awesome Comics #1
Superlative Legion of Net.Heroes #1
Really Seriously Awesome Comics #1
Net.Heroism #1
Net.Action #1
Adventure Times Twenty #1

> The framing story I
> had proposed earlier was that the LNH (and possibly net.ahumans in
> general) were secret until here and for some reason just went public, but
> I'm not married to that if it doesn't work for you.

I like the idea of there being some kind of tradition of heroing.  Maybe...
maybe it was around, got messed up during the '80s, and reappeared when the
LNH came together?  Hmmmm.  Maybe too cliche.

> it could be an
> interesting twist if instead all these secretly powered people just
> started finding out about each other and formed the LNH like a sort of
> club so they had others to talk to and knew how to find others to
> occasionally ask for help.

I do like that.

> LNH20: Professor Penumbra
>
> In which I have free rein to indulge my passion for coming up with
> complicated metaphysical explanations for everything, from the existence
> of super powers to the net.jokes in names of stuff. Except this time I'll
> make no effort to make them internally consistent and I'll fully expect
> everyone else to either ignore them, or twist them even further. In the
> name of Fun.

I 100% approve of this.  Though I like keeping such things internally
consistent, even if it's a kind of consistency that requires even more
silliness to hold together.

> Then if I find a couple of characters in the right age range that
> are cleared for LNH20 but whose author has no specific plans...

I'd like to put Firewire in here. http://www.lnhq.info/wiki/Firewire

Keep the basics - young man who made a deal with the Shoe Devil to save
somebody - and you have all kinds of built-in Marvel-style pathos. (To keep
it from getting *too* angsty, though, make sure to either keep it the Shoe
Devil or replace it with an even more ludicrous mystical entity - tie it in
to Professor Penumbra?)

You could possibly refer vaguely to his brother, who would turn out to be
Bluetooth if we can ever summon Jamie back.

> This will start more or less where 58.5 was supposed to have stopped:
> these teenage characters did something bad (although not as bad as
> STUFF.org because we're a few years late to pastiche Civil War).

They killed someone who was evil-but-respected, perhaps.

> The LNH
> is unsure enough of their innocence to either protect them or take them
> down. Maybe the LNH offers help but the kids are too proud.

I like that idea.  Some of the LNH wants to help, some aren't sure - they
present a united front under FL, but the kids can see through it.

> They're not a team and they don't have a team name. I'm thinking maybe if
> Tom thinks that's ok a few people will try to pin the name Teenfactor on
> them and they'll very vehemently say they're absolutely not Teenfactor.

I like it. XD

> -- Lalo “don't take this as a precog, depends on what others say” Martins

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, still loves that soles/souls pun.