LNH/META: Duel of the Dual-Boot!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 09:39:02 PDT 2011

On Fri, 4 Nov 2011 17:11:14 +0000 (UTC), Lalo Martins wrote:

> Should we make a list of what characters we *have* cleared? All of mine, all of
> Arthur's, Tom's, Andrew's, that's not a bad start, even if not exactly the
> classics.

Sounds good.

> Howie K can stay if he's not a green kiwi (but then he might not
> be “K”).

I don't think "the idea of green, smart, kinda violent kiwis" is something
we need to worry about being careful about, even though Descrii did, in
fact, create it.  Of course, we could poke Saxon to use the purple kiwis he
created...

> I believe the general feeling in these 5 writers is that we don't really need
> to restrict to 20 members, although I'd be in favour of a
> manageable/understandable LNH. Am I wrong?

You are not, sir!

> Characters we *don't* have (so far) which are more or less necessary for a
> group like the LNH to work (maybe we do have one, I haven't gone over the wiki
> checking the full list of character we have created):
>
> - Obvious Leader. We seem to be leaning towards Fearless Leader. Hi Dave! Could
>   we pretty please? :-)

I still like my Skunk Girl reboot, but honestly, FL *deserves* to lead a
Legion.

> - Mystic Person (Occultism Kid, various Acra/trenchcoaters) — I'd like to take
>   this one, my idea for the rebooted Occie was so different from the original
>   that I might as well keep it with a different name. No idea what he or she
>   will be called yet. If you have a concept and/or name you'd like me to reuse,
>   point me to the wiki page or post the profile if it's not in the wiki.

That makes sense!

> - Badass Ultraviolent Fighter (UN, Master Blaster) — I think we're going with
>   the rebooted, gun-happy Twaelia, and the rebooted Pantra who isn't from the
>   future at all.

Works for me!  Just making sure: Ted, do you want to take the new Master
Blaster/Twaelia/whatever-we're-calling-her-now into the Twentyverse?

> - Powerhouse (Kid Kirby, etc) — actually I think we do have a couple of those,
>   especially if someone wants to take Minority Miss over. I know I don't.

Hmmmmm.  An all-new character might fit well here.  Perhaps someone who is
literally based off the "tank" role in MMORPGs?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, Damage Sponge?