LNH/Meta: Reboot Redux

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Nov 4 18:53:12 PDT 2011

On 11/4/2011 12:52 PM, Lalo Martins wrote:
> (picking a thread to put this discussion in more or less arbitrarily)

Uh oh, watch out, 'cause now that I've signed up, I've got comments!

> I don't know if we'll make 20 titles, with (so far) 6 writers, but let's
> think of that 20 titles as a goal rather than an obligation.

Thank you!  Thank you for starting out small!  I think *one* issue
apiece to start, would meet the spirit of the original challenge:
Recreate the Legion of Net.Heroes for the modern age.  In that spirit,
I'm going to contribute one series.

> Here's what I'm interested in writing or co-writing (I'm assuming we're
> going with Andrew's/my idea that the LNH has been around for a while):

I also take it we are Earth Minus-20, in which the LNH has existed for
about five years.  That suits my concept (well, it's already a group
concept) just fine.

LNH-20:  Clueless Lad Team-Up!

 From Dimm Hollow in deepest West Virginia comes Dimm Bulbus, to
discover the modern world.  But he has the unconscious power to suppress
powers and even technology.  Everywhere he goes, the world's tech level
drops to what he grew up with!  Cell phones get no reception, and any
computer more complicated than what's in the Dimm Hollow Public Library
crashes.  Dimm can even negate superhuman powers!

Each issue has a guest-star character, teaching Dimm about the modern
world.  The Legion is particularly interested in this, as are some
master villains.  As the series develops, Dimm will likely develop
selective control of his powers and join the Legion.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.