LNH/META: Villains!

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 15:27:09 PDT 2011

On Nov 2, 8:49 am, Tom Russell <joltc... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Martin,
>
> I'm going to regret this, but: where did Arthur say the words "I'm
> reserving Acton Lord?"  If he didn't say those words, he didn't
> reserve the character.

What he did say was "this would be his story", that Fearless Leader /
Acton Lord would be the main character in the story so if we were to
go ahead and do the story that Arthur said we were going to do then
there would be no way to drop the Fearless Leader / Acton Lord
storyline because it was integral to the plot.  That means that if
anybody else had any plans for Acton Lord then he'd have to clear it
with Arthur and that's what it means to reserve a character.

When he said that I said the following:

On Oct 29, 5:47 pm, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I don't know why it has to be one person's story.  In fact, it would
> be a bad idea if the story focused on Fearless Leader and then it
> turned out he wasn't going to be an LNHer.  At least people can come
> here and find out that Fearless Leader is supposed to be evil:
> otherwise writers are going to write Fearless Leader as a good guy and
> not somebody pretending to be a good guy.  I think you should warn
> people a bit and tell people that Fearless Leader is "semi reserved"
> by you even though he is Dave's creation: people are free to write
> Fearless Leader but they have to run it by you.

I was talking about Fearless Leader but in case it isn't clear by this
point Arthur was planning to make Fearless Leader and Acton Lord the
same person.  I specifically discussed with Arthur on the Author's
group that I didn't think he shouldn't be reserving characters without
letting people know they were reserved.

Martin