LNH/META: The Saga of Earth-Minus-Twenty

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 12:08:50 PDT 2011

Okay, so the whole "after work" thing didn't work out but!  Here's
some more ideas and ramblings that I have.

I believe Tom threw all his characters open to the public, so I hope
he won't mind if I take one of his earliest concepts and tweak it:
* Manga Girl: In many ways, the mascot of the team.  Twelve years old,
she has a power that mostly keeps her out of combat: She can draw
people in manga-style action poses, temporarily increasing their
strength, speed, agility, or other abilities, depending on the pose.
The drawings are carried around and activated as necessary; when the
boost runs out, the pages fade.  She's head of the LNH Fan Club.

Torrent: A being from the Ayearre Sea, a net.elemental plane of pure
information.  Is often consulted and called upon by oracles and
mystics.

Otherkin Lad: The only superhero that's the reincarnation of *four*
different animals!

LNHHQ: This world's version of the LNH is housed at the former
Net.ropolis Grand Opera House, given to them by the city in gratitude
for one of their early cases.  In turn, the LNH rent the space they
don't use out to local organizations; there's often a play rehearsing,
a demonstration organizing, or a therapy group meeting in the next
room over.  This seems ludicrously dangerous, but the LNHHQ has an
excellent security system, including omniforcefields and a panic
button that teleports away everyone in the building not wearing an LNH
communicator.  It sits at the intersection of Kogutt Street and Judd
Avenue.

History of the LNH: I'm thinking of riffing on Arthur's setup for LNHY
and say that they got an LNH Setup Kit.  So why doesn't it follow the
same rules?  Well, far be it from me to suggest that the one in
Looniverse-Y has any ulterior motives...

Also, one thing I'd like to see more of is romance, and specifically,
love triangles, crushes, rivalries, not-quite-relationships, and other
sources of meaty conflict.  And, of course, some real, honest-to-
gooness happy relationships.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, because screw you, Joe Quesada.