LNH/META: Duel of the Dual-Boot!

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 03:53:52 PDT 2011

On Nov 1, 6:55 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 00:21:42 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:
> > Anyway, I obviously wouldn't use Fearless Leader or Ripping Dancer.
> > Can I still use Cynical Lass and Kid Enthusiastic?
>
> Sure!  I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Well, I've got a plot worked out.  How does this look?  (No spoilers.)

Irony Man #1: LNHX Origins #1
Doctor Stomper #1: LNHX Origins #2
Manga Man #1: LNHX Origins #3
Catalyst Lass #1: LNHX Origins #4
Nick Furry #1: LNHX Origins #5
Kid Kirby #1: LNHX Origins #6

I'm going to replace Fearless Leader with Nick Furry who, as a Nick
Fury parody, is less of an issue regarding creator rights (unless
Marvel themselves want to sue).  I'm going to expand Irony Man #1 by
establishing that the place where Iron Man meets the the LNH already
is LNH HQ and Nick Furry will mention that there's room for more
people so it doesn't seem strange in Kid Kirby #1 when Doctor Stomper,
etc have already joined the group.  In Kid Kirby #1, I'm replacing
Linguist Lass and SStO with Catalyst Lass and Cynical Lass (and
dropping the joke about the karaoke machine having only a few songs in
English).  The villains will be Darksnide and Manga Man plus four
villains mostly based on characters from the mainstream Looniverse but
made a bit more edgy and realistic.  That's it.  I don't need any help
with this but I don't plan to write #2 issues either: they'll be six
one shots and that means that people would be free to write their own
LNHX stories.  Or not.  I really don't care.  I just feel that LNHX
Origins #1-6 is a good story that pays homage to the original LNH and
its creators.  (Nick Furry, Special Bonding Boy and Kid Kirby were
created by Drizzt, wReam and Jamaal, respectively, and rather than
feel I'm infringing on their rights as creators I feel I am paying
them respect by including characters they created in an "Ultimate"
version of the LNH.)

Oh and it's Wednesday night here and my students are having exams this
week and next and then I have to go to Taipei to attend a conference
so give me a few weeks to put it together and polish it up.

Once again, I'm going to be doing this because it is the right thing
to do.  I'm worried that the new version of the LNH that you guys come
up with will replace the old version and I'd like a new version of the
old version so the people who started the LNH almost twenty years ago
won't be forgotten.  Seriously.

Martin